Milwaukee Driver Fatigue Accident Attorney
Perhaps now more than ever before, the trucking industry is vital to our way of life in the United States. Truck drivers typically have long routes and are often extremely overworked. Overnight travel and tight deadlines can cause drivers to push themselves too far. All it takes is one momentary lapse in judgment or sluggish reaction for a tired truck driver to cause a life-altering collision.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a truck accident, the Milwaukee driver fatigue accident lawyers of Mingo & Yankala, S.C. recover the compensation you deserve. Contact us today by clicking here or calling (414) 273-7400.
To Secure the Compensation You Deserve, You Need an Attorney
Truck accidents are some of the most challenging cases in personal injury law for the following reasons:
- There are numerous rules and regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that affect liability and negligence.
- Collisions are usually serious with medically complex injuries.
- The trucking companies and their insurance carriers are highly motivated to minimize any settlements.
- Proving that the driver was overworked or fatigued requires a thorough investigation and an understanding of what evidence to look for.
You need a Milwaukee personal injury lawyer with a comprehensive knowledge of the trucking industry and experience negotiating with large insurance companies.
What Are the Dangers of Truck Driver Fatigue?
The long hours of truck drivers often mean operating large big rigs with little to no sleep. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, while the proportion of large truck accidents caused by fatigue is uncertain, studies suggest:
- Truckers who drive more than 8 hours at a time are twice as likely to crash.
- Truck drivers who report hours-of-service violations are more likely to have fallen asleep behind the wheel within the past month.
- A survey conducted by Traffic Injury Prevention reported between 19 and 21 percent of truck drivers admitted to falling asleep at the wheel.
Driver fatigue can cause devastating 18-wheeler accident injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Internal organ damage
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a large truck accident, consult with one of our dedicated Milwaukee driver fatigue accident attorneys to discuss the details of your case.
Call Our Driver Fatigue Accident Attorneys Today
At Mingo & Yankala, S.C., we believe that every injured person deserves justice. We work closely with our clients to maximize their compensation, providing support and communication throughout the process.
Our Milwaukee truck driver fatigue attorneys will meet wherever convenient, whether in our office, your home, or hospital. Call and schedule a free consultation today by clicking here or calling (414) 273-7400. Our dedicated legal team is here to help you through this difficult time.