Wauwatosa Truck Accident Lawyer
Collisions involving large commercial trucks often leave passenger vehicle occupants with devastating injuries. Unfortunately, these collisions happen to thousands of people each year.
If your life has been turned upside down by a truck accident in Wauwatosa, you may have the right to financial compensation. Find out how much you could be awarded when you contact an experienced Wauwatosa truck accident lawyer at Mingo & Yankala, S.C. Call our office at 414-273-7400 to schedule your free consultation today.
When to Go With Mingo & Yankala, S.C.
Choosing the ideal truck accident lawyer to take on your case in Wauwatosa should not be as difficult as the accident itself. Fortunately, when you go with Mingo & Yankala, S.C., you can expect:
- The representation of real trial attorneys who have considerable experience bringing cases to court. Insurance companies do not always treat the injured fairly and we approach every case we take as if they will go to trial. This results in strong cases and, in many instances, better initial settlement offers.
- The legal representation of attorneys who are dual certified in Civil Trial Law and Civil Pretrial Practice Law by The National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA), something most lawyers are not certified in. In fact, less than four percent of all practicing attorneys are board-certified according to the NBTA.
- To get to know your Milwaukee personal injury attorney personally. We hope to make many of our clients lifelong friends and family of the firm. We want you to be able to feel free to refer your friends and family, or contact us with legal questions that we are always available to answer free of charge.
Liability for Truck Accidents in Wauwatosa
One of the top responsibilities of your truck accident lawyer in Wauwatosa will be to figure out who is responsible for causing your injuries. There are many parties who are often found liable for truck accidents.
More often than not, the truck driver is found to have been engaging in some type of negligent driving. Some common types of negligent driving in commercial trucking accidents include:
- Failure to stop
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield
- Making an illegal turn
- Driving while fatigued
- Drunk or drugged driving
However, there are many other parties who may also share fault for your truck accident injuries in Wauwatosa. Some of these parties might include:
- Safety inspectors
- Truck parts manufacturers
- The owner of the truck
- The trucking company
- Cargo loaders
- Commercial truck technicians
- Safety inspectors
- Other third parties
Statute of Limitations for Wauwatosa Truck Accident Claims
Although pursuing legal action may be the furthest thing from your mind, it is important that you act quickly. In trucking cases, the other side will have investigators on the scene almost immediately. You need an attorney working on your behalf as soon as possible to preserve evidence and protect your best interests.
Additionally, the statute of limitations for truck accidents in Wauwatosa, and across the state of Wisconsin, is only three years under WI Stat § 893.54. If your lawsuit is not filed before the statute of limitation expires, then you will have lost your opportunity to be awarded compensation through the Wisconsin civil court system.
Get Help From a Wauwatosa Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accident injuries can have a devastating impact on your life for years to come. Make sure that you have the financial protection you need. Contact a reputable Wauwatosa truck accident lawyer at Mingo & Yankala, S.C. to get started on your case.
Schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation when you call our office at 414-273-7400, or complete our quick contact form, and we will reach out to you to find out more about your truck accident injuries.