Oshkosh Bike Accident Lawyer
When bicyclists are struck by motor vehicles, they are often left with serious, life-changing injuries. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured as a result of a bicycle accident in Janesville, WI, Mingo & Yankala, S.C. can help. Call today for a free and confidential case evaluation with one of our Oshkosh bicycle accident attorneys.
Why Choose Us?
When you have been injured, choosing the right law firm to represent you is an incredibly important decision. At Mingo & Yankala, S.C., we have helped thousands of injured people in Wisconsin recover compensation for their injuries.
- Our Oshkosh injury lawyers handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we never charge any fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
- We are available to meet our clients at their home or hospital bed, or any other location where they are most comfortable
- We have dedicated Wisconsin trial attorneys and will not hesitate to bring your case to court if insurance companies refuse to treat you fairly.
- We strive to provide personal attention and outstanding results in each case we take.
Common Injuries in Bicycle Accidents
Unfortunately, bicyclists are vulnerable to serious injury in collisions with motor vehicles. These injuries include:
- Brain injury: Even while wearing a helmet a cyclist can suffer a mild or moderate brain injury such as a concussion or a traumatic brain injury such as a brain contusion, coup-contrecoup injury, or an open head injury.
- Broken bones: Fractures in the lower and upper extremities are coming in bicycle accidents, but a cyclist may suffer a broken bone in any part of the body including the clavicle, ribs, skull, and hip bones.
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash and lacerations
- Death: In the most serious cases, bicyclists are killed as a result of a collision.
Many injuries that cyclists incur are permanent and lead to lifelong complications and medical needs. In these cases especially, maximizing compensation in a personal injury claim is vital. A settlement or verdict needs to provide victims and their families everything they need to recover from their injuries and move forward.
Damages in Bicycle Accident Cases
In bicycle or motorcycle accident cases, damages refer to the losses that a cyclist incurs as a result of their injury. In Wisconsin, injury victims are entitled to compensation from the legally responsible party. In most bike accident cases, compensation comes through an insurance policy held by the driver or drivers who cause the accident. Compensable damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- and many others
The value of your case depends on the nature of your injuries and the extent of your damages.
Get Help From an Oshkosh Bike Accident Lawyer
You don’t have to deal with the aftermath of a serious bike accident alone. At Mingo & Yankala, S.C., our Oshkosh bike accident attorneys can help you document your injuries, file a claim with an insurance company, and advocate on your behalf at trial if necessary.
Personal injury law is all we do. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 414-273-7400 or fill out our convenient contact form.